Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July = Cupcakes

We have been eating lots o' cupcakes around here in the past few weeks. I'm searching for the *perfect* cupcakes recipes. No mixes for my cake and Crisco in my frosting are my general guidelines. So far I've got my regular and chocolate buttercream down. Notice I concentrate on the frostings first. Found my regular, old fashioned vanilla cupcake recipe today. Chocolate is a bit harder. I've got one that is pretty good. But the batter is too thin. I must have a chocolate batter that I can add goodies to including, but not limited to, chocolate chips, heath bar chips, coconut. I've got a good Heath Bar cupcake. Take a look:



Yes that is a little Heath bar and Heath bits (don't ask what happened to the rest of that big bag of Heath bars). And it's loaded with bits in the cake. Good stuff.


Other than that it's been business as usual for summer in Florida. We've been to lots of beaches, done some gold mining, swimming, tennis camp. I don't even want to think about school starting. Of course I can say that right now because both my kids are in bed and I have a glass of wine in hand!










No comments:

Post a Comment